- Airflow through the full compliment of schooner sails can be further optimized by the adjustment of the 2 hybrid Wingmasts.
- The longitudinal mass of the vessel has a better distributed lower center of gravity that reduces the risk of pitch polling.
- The AC72 Dynawing Schooner rig shown here weighs and costs about the same as the AC72 40 meter Wingsail rig. As with all schooner rigs there are variations to consider, but we see this design to be the simplest and most cost effective way of getting the required power.
- The DynaWing AC72 Schooner rig is easier to transport, easier to erect and can be reefed rather than dismantled when moored.
- The required technology employed in the design and construction of the DynaWing AC Schooner rig is readily available.
- The DynaWing AC72 Schooner rig is applicable and compatible to the existing AC72 sail options.
- With the same total sail area the DynaWing AC72 will perform as well as the Oracle AC72 in light winds, but will achieve higher speeds with a greater margin of safety when pushing hard in the strong winds that make ideal racing conditions for on looking spectators.
Richard Sauter head of design commented “The DynaWing AC72 Schooner rig truly reflects the sailing legacy that laid the foundation the America’s Cup is built upon.With the DynaWing Schooner rig the existing AC72 is transformed into a viable ocean going design that has significant relevance to the yachting world as she points to the fact that hi-performance sailing vessels are the ultimate Eco-Friendly Carbon Free ride."
DynaWing AC72 Specifications
Mast Height: 32m
Displacement: 5,700 - 5,900 kg
2 Wing Masts: 260 sq..m total
Gennaker: 320 sq..m+
Main & Gennaker: 580 sq..m+